Blog Archive

Thursday, September 13, 2007

My opinion about "anime movies"

I was 5 years old when I saw my first anime movie(which was a Pokemon episode), and my first reaction was... Damn, the way characters are drawn is so... not real. The way they talk, the way they express emotions, the way they do stuff, all is pretty funky. With one word they 'cease to be'
ordinary cartoons like most of the stuff they give on Cartoon Network(yes, I do watch Cartoon Network sometimes, or at least some of the movies, no I'm not ashamed to say so) which are cartoons, that can watched by adult people(for example Jim Carrey watches Johnny Bravo). Especially the ones like Pokemon, Yu-Ghi-Oh, Naruto... I stopped watching these when I was 9, but now I'm 15(16 soon) and I still watch Cartoon Network. So compare anime, stuff that people like me stop to watch at 9(or less) and ordinary animation(like The Simpsons) which people continue to watch even though they are older than 16. Having in mind that probably 1/4 of the world(just a thought) watches anime makes me sit back and think for a while. I mean what makes those people watch anime(like a friend of mine) instead of the ordinary cartoons wich clearly are 'better suited' for more grown up people(even though an adult should't watch cartoons). Think about it too and express your emotions about what said. I'll gladly take both bad and good replies!

1 comment:

The Powerhead said...

Well, what sucks is the anime nutriders.