Blog Archive

Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Hackers are evil?

I hate the fact that most people use the word 'hacker' to describe crackers. Assholes that only know how to make the virtual world a much worser place than it is today! Crackers are nothing but idiots that keep repeating the same shit over and over again, while hackers come up all the time with new ideas! Nothing of the stuff crackers use today is new for us and there is nothing that actually helps mankind in any way. A hacker is someone that actually uses his skills and intelligence to create and build the virtual world as it is. It is they who keep the foundations stable, not all those "whana-be web makers" with all the blinking texts and pop-up shit, i mean why not keep the web pages simple and clean, pages that are capable to be read and actually CAN drag out some useful information from. Another thing that really pisses me off is the fact that people call hackers nerds... That is completely wrong. Most of the hackers train many sports, go out with friends and don't waste their whole day in their house reading stupid books like "Teach yourself programming in 1 month" Well, when i was in 8th grade, i bought such a book. When i tried to make a simple program on my own(after reading the whole book of course), i had to spend more than 2 hours trying to understand what was wrong and it was an example shown in the book(with a little changes i made on my own). After careful analysis I saw how many stuff i missed and I didn't know proving how USELESS it was for me to read this book! Luckily I gave away the book to a classmate, before the idea of putting the book into the nearest shredder came to me. A proof that hackers actually build stuff are all the open source applications that exist today, because open source gives other new-come hackers a way to better them selfs and bring birth to new ideas and develop new better applications. This brings me to another thing i hate... Closed Source... T me whats your opinion on this and please don't come to tell me how wrong I am cause I ain't!

3 comments:

The Powerhead said...

There's nothing wrong with closed source. But the once that get me, are those, that self-indentify themselves as hackers.

Vicktorio El Hakim said...

Don't "self-indentify" yourself as a hacker unless...
1. You are confident in your skills and actually made something useful
2. A real hacker called you a hacker
3. You are accepted in the hacker community!

The Powerhead said...

Don't self-identify as a hacker. Period. That is an label bestowed upon thee by others.