Blog Archive

Thursday, September 27, 2007

Calculator Progress

I'm happy to announce, that my calculator grows better and better with each day! From a simple number entering device, it now 'grew', to a simple secretary calculator armed with the simplest tasks a calculator can have, that is multiplication, division, subtraction and addition. The bad thing about the calculator though is it's 2x16 character LCD which is pretty expensive in my country and I don't know if it is any cheaper in other countries as well. But right now I'm not giving much of a thought about the "Bill of Materials" as I still haven't developed the 'hardcore' stuff of the calculator. There are also minor bugs that need to be cleaned and perhaps then I'll start thinking about mass production :D. Anyways, completing the basic structure of the calculator gives me liberty to start developing the 'special' functions of the calculator. I think I'll be starting with square root and powers since I have a math exam this Monday and I'll be needing a calculator to ... calculate such stuff, hence giving me the chance to show off my calculator to my class! These are also in my opinion, the simplest functions to be made at this point. Right now I don't have a picture to show it here but later on I'll add one as well.

2 comments:

The Powerhead said...

Nifty. Wish I could say, I have any progress.

Vicktorio El Hakim said...

Oooh, you'll see it alright! :)